WHO IS INK NURSE AND WHAT DO YOU EVEN DO?!
- Ink Nurse was created to give the people a choice of a high quality, all natural, eco-friendly, super cream that actually cares and listens to it's customers, as well as giving back to the environment and community in any way we can. We provide the people with something outside the box and recognizable. We are different! AND THAT'S A GOOD THING!
Our product was specially designed to be used for a variety of skin irritations and healing purposes. We noticed nobody could really give a clear cut answer as to what to use to heal and take care of their tattoos, so we are going to become that clear cut answer. You wont need to know of any other product once you have tried us on your tattoos.
Healing fresh ink, revitalizing old, faded tattoos, eliminating the dreaded itchy phase after being tattooed, moisturizing and invigorating the victims of dry and damaged skin are just some of the many ways we have been reported with helping our customers.
Not just a tattoo-care product, but an excellent multi-purpose skin care product.
How long does it take for me to receive my much anticipated order?
- We are Australian operated and made. We do our best to process and ship all orders within 48 hours of ordering (unless weekend/holiday) and depending on your location in the world, we find most places receive their order within approx 7 days of being shipped.
We supply all orders with tracking numbers too.
- We have Suppliers in France, USA, Mexico and more to be announced soon!
I want to join the Ink Nurse family and sell your products, how do I do this?
- Just head to the contact page, tell us who you are and what you would like to do,we will promptly get back to you with more information!
Please Note; we are extremely selective with whom we do business. We want to partner with like minded businesses and people who share a similar ethos about delivering high end quality service and products.
How do I care for my fresh tattoo properly?
- We provide the perfect remedy ointment to apply to your fresh tattoo but you should always follow your professional tattoo artists advice.
There's plenty of online information about tattoo aftercare, and it really varies dramatically but here are a couple of links we think are pretty good;
How much do I apply to my tattoo?
- The great thing about our product is that it is so easy to apply and spread over your fresh tattoo. It's not thick or greasy and a nice thin layer will suffice. You can re-apply multiple times a day to your own accord. We recommend to follow advice from professional tattoo artists but a thin layer a few times a day should be plenty to get that tattoo healing just right. Before bedtime and when waking up in the morning are the times we concentrate on applying.
Please spot test before use. Some people are more sensitive than others when it comes to essential oils.
Do you test on animals?
- Absolutely not! we test this product on ourselves and our own tattoos. Respect the Earth and your body! We are certified cruelty free!
How are you different to the other tattoo care products out there?
- Well number 1, We use ingredients in a way that none of them do. We put time and research into making the most effective cream and we didn't release our product until we tested it against all the well known brands and creams out there on ourselves and our friends. Most other products that claim to be tattoo care products are generally all thick, greasy butters or balms - we are a cream that absorbs very well and wont leave you feeling greasy or with a thick balm paste on your skin. Number 2 - We LISTEN to our customers, we take all your feedback onboard and constantly work to improve our brand and product. We want to disrupt the industry and make a difference, we let our product and customer feedback do the talking for us. We aren't backed by big money or "celeb" endorsements, we don't get "famous" tattoo artists to give us promotions with them getting something in return. We are built from the ground up and will grow organically like our product - so that means we are a much more personalized and unique brand because we listen to you. You can be rest assured that we make the time for customer service and wouldn't have released this product unless we use it ourselves and believe in it 1000%.
What exactly is in your products?
- All our ingredients are natural and organic with no animal derivatives (this includes bees wax which is starting to appear more common for some reason?).
Below are our ingredients and their benefits;
Shea Butter; Shea butter contains vitamins and minerals such as vitamins A and E, as well as essential fatty acids. It has been used for centuries for its moisturizing, anti-inflammatory and anti aging properties.
Shea butter has the ability to soothe, hydrate and balance your skin. It is used as a moisturizer for dry skin and eczema, as a dry scalp treatment, for chapped lips and to help soften cracked dry skin on heels, elbows and knees. Shea butter has natural anti-inflammatory properties that have been known to heal scrapes, cuts and burns, tattoos, relieve sunburn, take the sting out of insect bites, ease the pain from muscle fatigue and arthritis.
Shea butter has been used for centuries as a wrinkle reducer. Shea butter contains essential fatty acids, along with vitamins A and E, which are imperative to maintaining your skin's elasticity and suppleness.
It has been found to have significant anti aging properties and was proven to help rebuild and rejuvenate collagen. Shea butter when used continually over time can reduce the appearance of sun damage, stretch marks, scarring and even cellulite. All of which relates directly to older tattoos that probably suffer from the same damages.
Grapefruit Oil; Promotes healthy cleansing and detoxification of skin. Supports healthy skin by soothing and cleansing. Eliminates odors and is very rich in Vitamin C.
Antioxidant + Immune system booster. Fights free radicals. Protects body from various oxidants and toxins including premature ageing + degeneration of tissues.
Disinfectant - Antiviral and antimicrobial properties. Protects body from infection.
Antiseptic - Perfect for bruises, wounds, cuts, acne, skin irritations and prevents wounds/cuts/fresh tattoos from becoming infected. Can assist with muscular cramps and stiffness as well as with ageing skin with a loss of elasticity.
Jojoba Oil; A versatile natural oil that penetrates the skin for a deep hydration, not just a surface hydration of the skin. This is great for tattoos during healing as well as existing tattoos as the ink needs a deeper penetration of the skin for hydration, which separates our product from a standard moisturiser. Ink Nurse is designed for a deeper hydration, which targets tattoos and their ink pigmentation under the surface.
Our skin is made up of natural wax esters (called sebum) which lock in moisture to keep skin looking healthy and hydrated. During the natural, inevitable ageing process we all experience, this sebum production begins to decrease; meaning fine lines, dry skin and loss of elasticity (all of which affect the appearance of an aged tattoo). The Jojoba plant actually produces wax esters almost (if not) identical to our very own sebum. If you compare the molecule structures of Jojoba wax esters and human skin sebum, there can be an identical double bond. This means that jojoba may actually mimic our skin’s natural oils and can penetrate at a deeper level.
Studies have documented that jojoba improves the feel of skin and provides a substantial long-acting skin hydration effect.
Jojoba contains nutrients like vitamin E and B, as well as minerals like chromium, copper, and zinc, which all nourish and protect skin from environmental stressors. Perfect benefits for the longevity of a tattoo’s appearance.
Avocado Extract/Oil; Rich in oleic acid, which is known to aid in speeding cell regeneration, wound healing, aiding the body in repelling and eliminating microbial infections, as well as reducing inflammation inside and out.
Avocado oil is among the top foods highest in vitamin E. This fat-soluble vitamin is known for improving skin and eye health, bolstering the immune system and providing defense against oxidative damage to cells caused by free-radicals.
The vitamins and minerals in avocado oil are not only nourishing for the inside of your body, they can also feed you from the outside in. Boost your skin’s ability to generate more and stronger cells by moisturizing with avocado oil. The vitamin E, potassium, and lecithin, which are the primary skin-feeding nutrients in the oil, are all easily absorbed through the epidermis – the outermost layer of the skin – and into the dermis where they provide energy for the growth and health of new skin as well as fortification of existing cells.
Due to its high concentration of anti-inflammatory oleic acid, avocado oil can be applied topically to ease discomfort caused by all manner of skin conditions, including but not limited to dandruff, cracked heels, keratosis pillars, insect bites and stings, sunburn, eczema and psoriasis.
Just as avocado oil helps the body to grow healthier and stronger skin, it can also speed up the healing process. Once you’ve thoroughly cleaned the affected area, try treating damaged skin caused by cuts, scrapes, burns, raw skin from blisters or rashes, sunburn, bug bites and stings, and other wounds, such as tattoos. Your skin will heal faster and have less chance of scarring.
Coconut Oil; Contains saturated fats, which are medium chain fatty acids or triglycerides. When applied on the skin, they keep it smooth. Due to the presence of these fats, coconut oil also retains the moisture content of the skin, as the fats eliminate moisture loss through the pores on skin. Coconut Oil also contains - Capric/Caprylic/Lauric acid: These three fatty acids have strong disinfectant and antimicrobial properties. Coconut oil will protect open wounds such as a fresh tattoo, from microbial infections. Rich in vitamin E, which is essential for healthy skin growth, also aids in the repair of wear and tear on the skin, keeping skin smooth and protecting from cracking. Coconut oil also prevents premature ageing and wrinkling. All of this can be very useful to the healing and rejuvenation of faded tattoo appearance.
Rose hip oil; Known as a "do-it-all oil". It will hydrate the skin, aid with evening out skin tone and lightening pigmentation (great for faded-existing tattoos!), fade acne scarring and the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It will also help to keep the skin firm and retain elasticity. It’s almost entirely made of fatty acids so it’s terrific for skin cell regeneration. Great for post-sun exposure and damage (once again - great for sun damaged tattoos - which is one of the main causes of faded tattoos). Rose hip Oil is rich in Vitamin A, which is great for balancing oily skin. An excellent anti ageing ingredient.
Cetearyl and Sorbitan Olivate; Is a unique natural PEG-free emulsifier from Olive oil. It reduces skin water loss, has a high moisturizing effect, is hypoallergenic and bio-mimics the skin. This PEG-free emulsifier is derived from olive oil, combining the properties of olive oil with other naturally derived ingredients for the desired emulsification effect. It occurs naturally in vegetables and fruits. It contains humectant properties, which promote the retention of water. It is also a naturally derived emulsifying wax.
Sweet Almond Oil; Almond oil had been used extensively for its health benefits and as a beauty aid much before science caught up with the goodness of this seed oil. Very popular in Southeast Asia and in the Mediterranean region, where the Almond tree was first domesticated. The almond kernels and the oil extracted from them were credited with promoting heart and skin health. Almond oil is a mild, hypoallergenic oil that can be safely used, even on a baby's skin. Rich in Vitamin E, regular application of the oil can protect your skin from oxidative stress and UV radiation damage, keeping it soft and supple. It can easily penetrate deep into the skin, softening and dislodging the dirt and debris accumulated in the skin pores, excellent for the appearance of your tattoos. Great results have also been found with the treatment of skin rashes, eczema and psoriasis.
Australian Mandarin Cold Pressed Essential Oil; This ingredient improves the circulation of blood and lymph, particularly below the skin, which may keep the skin feeling rejuvenated as well as looking young and vibrant. Another excellent ingredient to aid in the combat of skin irritations.
Soy Oil; Delays Aging & Prevents Skin Problems: Soybean oil is rich in Vitamin E that is a lipid and an antioxidant. It helps keep the cell membrane intact. This ensures that the cell membrane and skin act as barrier to harmful radicals, thus delaying aging and preventing skin problems. Organic soy oil is a rich source of linoleic acid, which is a type of omega-6 fatty acid. Soybean oil is high in monounsaturated fat and polyunsaturated fat. It also contains vitamins such as B vitamins, Vitamin E and Vitamin K. In addition, soy oil is a great source of linolenic acid. Linoleic and linolenic acids help the body to absorb nutrients, which is important for good health.
One of the major benefits of soy oil is that it’s a very good oil for protecting skin from UV rays. It is also a very effective oil for treating the damages caused by sun exposure. Interesting fact; Soy Oil is in fact an excellent mosquito repellent!
Regular use of this oil can enhance overall skin tone.
PS.... Glycerine used in our product is 100% Plant based, non petro/animal.
(If you are sensitive to soy or almond products, there is a slight chance, however miniscule it may be, that you could have a slight reaction to this ingredient, even though there is only a very, very small amount used in our product - just a heads up!)
All ingredients are vegan suitable.
PROUD MEMBER OF THE AUSTRALIAN TATTOOIST GUILD
Discounts, product announcements & special news!
All before anyone else hears about it!
Takes just 2 quick mins